An Assortment of Ways to make a Better World
Thoughts and ideas of Yeremiah and his views of the world. These are only views and opinions, they shouldn't be looked at as factual in any way.

Welcome

Welcome and Thank-You for viewing my blog. These are a portrayal of my ideas and thoughts as well as my dreams. I hope you enjoy what you read and leave comments fso I can improve upon my writings. Thanks again for taking the time to read my thought.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Emotion

Emotion - yes that's what drives most people.  I have to admit, I use to try to be logical

with others when they were in highly charges situations and it didn't always work out

the way I wanted.  Over the course of many years,  I have learned that emotions and

feelings matter more than any logic to the majority of people.

Understanding and practicing these skills have been extremely helpful for me and probably for you too.  Now what could we all do to improve our emotional intelligence?

Jennifer Guttman, PsyD Clinical Psychology wrote an article about this subject that I would like to share with you.  It starts out like this:

"The most important factor in attempting to cultivate emotional intelligence is the importance of listening and not talking. When people feel like they are having difficulty with a social skill, their insecurities bring on talking. So, when people are insecure about something, they tend to talk a lot. The most important thing when you're trying to learn a skill often is to just be quiet. Listening is a vital part of trying to learn about emotional intelligence."

Here's a link to the rest of the article, Yeremiah. 

https://www.inc.com/quora/the-single-most-important-thing-you-can-do-to-build-emotional-intelligence.html

No comments: