An Assortment of Ways to make a Better World
Thoughts and ideas of Yeremiah and his views of the world. These are only views and opinions, they shouldn't be looked at as factual in any way.

Welcome

Welcome and Thank-You for viewing my blog. These are a portrayal of my ideas and thoughts as well as my dreams. I hope you enjoy what you read and leave comments fso I can improve upon my writings. Thanks again for taking the time to read my thought.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Be That Champion


Don't Doubt Your Beliefs and Convictions

By Brian G. Jett

What Mohammad Ali accomplished during his "Rumble In The Jungle" in defeating George Foreman, we can also not do what Ali's willingness to creatively think afforded him; a hefty hand back in return. Not only some bucks, but the championship belt.

During my third and fourth grade years, my family uprooted to Louisville, Kentucky. To our

surprise, we soon discovered the quick witted World Boxing Champion's mother lived less than one mile from our home. Ali was my dad's idol and such a realization mixed well with my father's assertive nature.

During one of Ali's visits to stay with his mother, my dad stung my brother and I with a sucker punch as he urged us to get in the car with his camera in hand.

"Why?" we asked.

"I know Ali is at his mom's house. I want you boys to meet the champ!" he firmly replied.

My brother hopped in and I, sadly, opted out. I was scared to be so crass as to go to this big man's childhood home. He had a tight schedule and limited time with his mom and, honestly, my dad's overly assertive manner embarrassed me.

My brother was game, I was entirely too tame! Like a domesticated AKC Terrier, anxiety struck my mind with deadly precision. Not jamming on Terrier bred dogs but my observation has been that they're rather wired for sound. Not all the time, but most of the time.

What did this occasion cause Brian to learn?  Read more:

http://motivateus.com/stories/act-like-a-champion.htm

No comments: