An Assortment of Ways to make a Better World
Thoughts and ideas of Yeremiah and his views of the world. These are only views and opinions, they shouldn't be looked at as factual in any way.

Welcome

Welcome and Thank-You for viewing my blog. These are a portrayal of my ideas and thoughts as well as my dreams. I hope you enjoy what you read and leave comments fso I can improve upon my writings. Thanks again for taking the time to read my thought.

Thursday, February 17, 2022

"It is the artist's business to create sunshine when the sun fails."

"It is the artist's business to create sunshine when the sun fails."

Romain Rolland

Romain Rolland was a renowned French writer in the early 20th century, as well as an art professor with a deep passion for music. In 1915, he won the Nobel Prize in literature for his novel “Jean-Christophe,” which follows the life of the titular musical genius through all his trials and triumphs. Rolland was a lifelong pacifist who lived through World War I and most of World War II, and believed that peace was inexorably tied to humanity’s artistic instincts. His words here strengthen that connection: Artists make work that inspires and buoys us in difficult times, reminding us of the valuable things in life.

No comments: