An Assortment of Ways to make a Better World
Thoughts and ideas of Yeremiah and his views of the world. These are only views and opinions, they shouldn't be looked at as factual in any way.

Welcome

Welcome and Thank-You for viewing my blog. These are a portrayal of my ideas and thoughts as well as my dreams. I hope you enjoy what you read and leave comments fso I can improve upon my writings. Thanks again for taking the time to read my thought.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A Closer Look at a Few Myths About Stars


How common are myths about stars? Well, there are more than 6,000 true stars visible to the naked eye on a clear night, and it sometimes seems that each has spawned its share of myths.

Why? The reasons are complicated, and mostly boil down to the fact that we've only just begun discovering the truth about stars.

Sure, we know now that stars are basically huge fusion reactors in the sky, big balls of flaming plasma that have lives and lifespans of their own, and that in fact our sun is just an average star.

But that's the fruit of the last century of science, and before then people came up with some pretty interesting ideas about them. Here's the truth about a few:

http://www.mythbusters.com/a-closer-look-at-a-few-myths-about-stars.html

No comments: