An Assortment of Ways to make a Better World
Thoughts and ideas of Yeremiah and his views of the world. These are only views and opinions, they shouldn't be looked at as factual in any way.

Welcome

Welcome and Thank-You for viewing my blog. These are a portrayal of my ideas and thoughts as well as my dreams. I hope you enjoy what you read and leave comments fso I can improve upon my writings. Thanks again for taking the time to read my thought.

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Perfection



A young priest was in charge of the garden in a famous temple. He had been given the job because he loved the flowers, shrubs, and trees. 

Next to the temple there was another, smaller temple where there lived an older priest. One day, when the young priest was expecting some special guests, he took extra care in attending to the garden. He pulled the weeds, trimmed the shrubs, combed the moss, and spent a long time meticulously raking up and carefully arranging all the dry autumn leaves. 

As he worked, the older priest watched him with interest from across the wall that separated the temples.

When he had finished, the young priest stood back to admire his work. "Isn't it beautiful," he called out to the older priest. "Yes," replied the old man, "but there is something missing. Help me over this wall and I'll put it right for you."

After hesitating, the young priest lifted the old fellow over and set him down.

Slowly, the old priest walked to the tree near the center of the garden, grabbed it by the trunk, and shook it. Leaves showered down all over the garden.

"There," said the old man, "you can put me back now."

Author Unknown

No comments: